My Hometown Dresden/Germany
Here a few pictures from a narrow gauge line near to my homecity Dresden where steam engines pull all sheduled passenger trains - a truly touristic attraction.

Gauge is 750 mm close to 2 1/2 foot. The line was destroyed by a heavy flood in August 2002 to 70%, all ten bridges were destroyed, one stone viaduct was to small for all that water. However now 60% of line is ready again for passenger service again and the line is in a better condition as everytime before. Tracks are very well maintenanced and there is a six or seven train shedule in both directions per day.
At last weekend we made a train ride in one direction and walked back - and here are a few photos of this journey.

[Image: schmalspur_01k.jpg]

[Image: schmalspur_02k.jpg]

Engines are all of class 99 - the Germany's narrow gauge class with very different locos.
Here at this "Weisseritztalbahn" (railroad through the valley of creek Weisseritz) are only 2-10-2T engines in use.

[Image: schmalspur_03k.jpg]

[Image: schmalspur_04k.jpg]

An old boxcar, typically for narrow gauge cars of former saxonian state railroad - unfortunately without lettering.

[Image: schmalspur_05k.jpg]

[Image: schmalspur_07k.jpg]

The train on its tour river-down back to home station in Freital.
Passenger cars are more of a modern reconstructed style and do not have a big similarity to the original old time cars, unfortunately.

[Image: schmalspur_10k.jpg]

Station "Malter" built in 1912 in a typical style of former Saxonian state railroad stations - not destroyed in 2002 because the high position over the valley; however restored together with rebuilding of whole line.
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.

Messages In This Thread