Building an Airbrushing Booth.
Hey fellers.

I'll be building a small airbrush station as part of the expansion for my new layout. I plan on using a good exhaust fan and filter to keep the fumes and paint dust down.

The question I have is about the exhaust set up. I currently have a clothes dryer duct which runs along the length of one section of my layout. Would it be advisable to tie into this duct or should I have a dedicated duct for the paint station with its own exhaust? A possible fire hazard jumps straight to mind due to the paint fumes and dust particles mixed in with the heat from the dryer, however I was thinking about tying it in at the very point where the exhaust from both "appliances" goes out side. The distance of the dryer from the exterior wall is about fifteen feet. The paint station would be about half that and would have its own duct work right up until the point at which the exhaust goes outside. We are talking maybe a foot at the most. If its a dumb idea just say so and I'll do it the hard way...which is probably the right way and be done with it.

Thanks.

Messages In This Thread