Building an Airbrushing Booth.
doctorwayne Wrote:Shane, are you sure that you have to go through the concrete wall of the basement? If the basement ceiling is open (joists visible) you can bore through the sill plate header (centre the hole vertically). A hole saw or jigsaw will work, and if the exterior is brick, a masonry bit in a regular drill will allow you to drill around the circumference of the proposed opening. Then, simply use a hammer to knock out the centre.

These old homes in Scarborough are all brick and block construction. I've used the tool before to drill out a hole for a dryer vent in another home years ago. If you drill a pilot hole from the inside centered in between the joists it helps keep all the duct work above the ceiling height. Then you can bore the hole from the outside. It makes a nice clean bore and is miles easier then trying to knock out a hole with a small bit. The convenience, ease and speed of the right tool for the right job out weighs the costs as far as I'm concerned. I've also used the method you suggested and swore I'd never do it again...nothing but a pain in the arse! Curse

Messages In This Thread