Bear Creek Railroad - News Gazette
Hello folks,

the shop crew of the Bear Creek Railroad is back at work and started some maintainance and enhancement on the Shay locomotive.
The engine arrived in the shops on Tuesday and the crew starts directly with the maintainance part. Some parts of the reverse gear where loose and I had to fix them. I also cleaned the water tank and hand pump. Some more thinks will be done within the next couple of days.

One of the new enhancements is the steam winch. During the rebuild of my Forney, I removed the steam winch from that loco and stored her in a box. Now I made a new support from wood and flatbar. The steam engine is installed on top of this support, so I can easily remove the winch from the Shay. By this way I can ran the Shay with or without the steam winch.

Here're a couple of photos from the process so far. I look forward to spend some more hours this evening. I look forward to have the loco back in service and out of the shops in 1-2 weeks. The railroad employees suggested that a second coach or combine is needed to handle the increased number of passengers on the railroad. So the railroads president placed an order for a new combine to the shop crew. The car will be build once the Shay is out of the shops.

Cheers, Gerd

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread