MRR Kitbash a loco contest
I am currently fortunate enough to be able to check out RMC from our local public library. However, I will be starting a job 1-1/2 hours north of here with intention to relocate asap on Feb 1. Hopefully the library up there has a similar collection.

My latest anti-MR soapbox has been regarding their 'subscriber-only' content online. That's just wrong. They are the ONLY hobby magazine to do such a thing. Anyway, I enjoy RMC better simply because I like the emphasis on craftsmanship vs. R-T-R and "_______ Central" project layouts. RMC includes articles with a higher ratio of text to pictures than MR.

Also, I recently 'subscribed' to the free Model-Railroad-Hobbyist magazine Joe Fugate has put together. Wow. It took a while to download even with DSL, but it was very much worth it. 122 pages (.pdf format) plus video, animated advertising, instant feedback, and so much more. The feature on Tom Miller's Fn3 layout is just phenomenal, with a panoramic picture feature, a layout diagram with clickable photo links, etc. Awesome. It's a nice step forward into the online publishing arena and it's FREE. You can't beat FREE!

I will have to read the rules for this here contest...perhaps it will be the motivation to finish off the Shifter? Ehh, we'll see.

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!

Messages In This Thread