Bachmann GE 70 tons switcher
I had some forgotten Bachmann GE 70 ton switchers in the cellar bought for a steel layout planned some years ago. They are robust runners with an unbelievable noise level (with an high quality DCC decoder!) but they are nice and cute looking guys perfect for a small layout.
They came into my mind when I stumbled over the Modesto & Empire Tracking Company serving the Beard Industrial District in Modesto CA exchanging with UP and BNSF on a only 5 miles long short line. There are some exceptional photos pulling a long hopper train with six GE 70 ton switchers through the streets of Modesto. They got two SW1500 too but replaced all GE 70 ton and the SW1500 with modern RP20BD Gensets (no H0 models available to my knowledge) today.

Microscale 87-801 decals arrived yesterday and it was time to start the paint job. This is the first shot after the masking tape has been removed. Paint needs some more hours to set until I can touch the engines for the decal job. The decals look quite old. I hope the large front decals are still flexible and smooth....

[Image: file-4.jpg?t=1346314057]
Reinhard

Messages In This Thread