G'day y'all
Hi guys my names Si & I'm hailing from just out side Manchester in the uk.

I joined as this seems a nice forum catering for American modelling. After modelling the steam era of the uk for many years I decided I wanted to build a American layout & try my hand at something completely different to what I am used to.

I've spent many hours on various railroad websites viewing the different roads & company's the US has to offer & I've chosen the Guilford System to start with. My plan is to collect the Guilford System, Boston & Maine, Bangor & Aroostook & the Maine Central railroads. The idea for this was that all the railroads had a collection of vintage locomotives which I find very interesting.

Over the winter months the modeller in me arises & I start putting something together so with the little time I have I hope to put a switching layout together based on one of Lance Mindheim's designs. I've found his books very easy reading & helpful in getting to grips with how US prototypes operate.

Hopefully soon I can start work on something & get the boards together. At the moment I'm busy collecting locos & rolling stock for this next project.

That's all for now folks

Si Wink

Messages In This Thread