G'day y'all
Guilford System Wrote:Hi guys my names Si & I'm hailing from just out side Manchester in the uk.

I joined as this seems a nice forum catering for American modelling. After modelling the steam era of the uk for many years I decided I wanted to build a American layout & try my hand at something completely different to what I am used to.

I've spent many hours on various railroad websites viewing the different roads & company's the US has to offer & I've chosen the Guilford System to start with. My plan is to collect the Guilford System, Boston & Maine, Bangor & Aroostook & the Maine Central railroads. The idea for this was that all the railroads had a collection of vintage locomotives which I find very interesting. Si Wink

Welcome Welcome
" Bangor & Aroostook "- - took a fan trip on the Belfast & Moosehead Lake, that stopped in at the BAR car barn, in 1966.
That was the BAR's 75 anniversary. The scenery on my modules, is heavily influenced by the North East U.S. coast. Two tours of duty at the Naval Air Station in Brunswick, Me. gave me lots of time to enjoy the area.
Looking forward to watching your "American Layout Build". Hope you find Big Blue, a comfortable place for a daily visit.
Pete
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread