Vigdis' train room
Thanks guys! It feels really good to finally have finished the room to the point where she can actually start building her layout. To be honest, I don't know why we didn't do this a long time ago.

E-paw: The room measures roughly 290cm x 296cm. Not exactly a huge space to work with, but big enough for a small shelf layout around the walls.

Pete: This time you're a little off, probably because of the low ceiling height of only 188cm, making the framework seem higher than it actually is Wink . Top of the frame is about 116cm above the floor on average (the floor is slanted, so I had to make extensive use of the laser to keep everything level), the legs and rear posts are 36mm x 48mm, and the shelf supports and layout framing is 22mm x 48mm. I figured since the layout sections will be mostly styrofoam and very lightweight, anything bigger would just be overkill.

The shelves are spaced 32cm apart, we have just bought a bunch of plastic boxes with lids for general storage, and I built the shelves with these in mind. Also, the shelves are 50cm deep, while the layout framing on top varies from 65cm at the left and far wall, to 70cm at the right (window) wall.

Svein

Messages In This Thread