And it begins...
After many 12 hour days at work,and life's interuptions i am finally beginning the Layout.It will be a switching layout based in Yorba Linda California.It will be 40' long and 30" wide with 5 4x8 tables attached with a 30"x8' table for a small yard.I used 1x4x8' for framing(white board,cheap)and 1/2 inch plywood for the tops.I am on a budjet so i decided to go as cheap as possible.All the tables have 2 braces underneath for strength.I haven't added all the leg bracing yet.I built a wall for shelving for some of my diecast collection.

Operations will consist of UP/BNSF in a Industrial type setting consisting of a Plastics/Injection molding business,a couple of warehouses,a California Road commission complex,Corn syrup transfer facility,Dry bulk transfer yard,Propane transfer facility,a modern Bakery.Also 3 major highway overpasses and some street running.

BTW,and ideas on what kind of material i should use for joining 1/8" hardboard sections(backdrop) together?I looked for some "H" channel at my local Home Depot and they didn't have any. wide with 5 4x8 tables attached with a 30

Attached Files Image(s)

Don Shriner

Messages In This Thread