California Northern layout in HO
No offense taken JWB :-)

Many have a lot of rational explanations:
First off : Most pictures were not taken during operating sessions, I just lined up some trains to grace the shots here and there.

I am well behind in getting my SP fleet dirtied up, (similar for most rolling stock), and that UP unit just happen to be there because I wanted to test it. It normally doesn't operate on the layout. I'm very much keen on getting the operations, the type of traffic, locomotives , cars etc included fit for the era I model. A little modelers licence will be sprinkled on I have to admit. I am not intending to make this a 100% accurate depiction , I've mixed in a few things of something I like.

Things in that regard are moving (VERY) slowly, but I will get there. Centrebeam cars etc are definitely on the cards for the future, I just haven't found any good models yet. I have started this project only a few years ago, and all my rolling stock and locomotives have been purchased in the same period. So it really is very early stages.

I have started weathering some freight cars in the meantime. All and all, this is very much a work in progress, hence I post here, and take on board all praise and criticisms that come along in order to learn from them.

Of course, I'll have another look at the people layouts you have mentioned in your post, to fully understand where your question comes from.

Again thanks for your comments. I appreciate you take the time to do so .

Koos

PS: As a quick edit after I posted this original: I'll try and take some more pictures in the future, with a more fitting caption and 'scene' , more in line with the title of this thread, to show the link between the layout and the real world (or at least how it was at one point in the early 90's).
Be sure to visit my model railroad blog at <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.namrr.blogspot.com">http://www.namrr.blogspot.com</a><!-- m -->

Messages In This Thread