finally building layout
Josh, I think that your pictures at the top of this page were well-lit, while these latest ones are just a bit over-lit. The real problem seems to be camera movement and, in some cases, the camera being too close to the subject. If you don't have a tripod, place the camera directly on something solid - if the subject is on a table or desk, place the camera on the same surface. Use a book, block of wood, etc. to raise either the subject or the camera, as required, so that the subject is in the centre of the camera's viewfinder. Many digital cameras have a pre-focus feature, usually activated by partially depressing the button for the shutter. This will allow you to see if the subject is in focus or not - if it's not, move either the camera or the subject until you get satisfactory results.
I use a tripod when possible, but there are many areas that can't be photographed properly by having the camera on a tripod. For these, I have a collection of wood scraps of varying thicknesses, which are placed on the layout, as required. The camera is then placed atop the wood while the picture is taken.
Your models look good, but the pictures, I think, don't do them justice. I particularly like the ground cover on your diorama, though, as it shows well. With a little practice, you should be able to get decent-quality pictures with even a cheapie camera - you just need to understand the camera's limitations, then work within them.
Finally, if you want to remove pictures from your earlier posts, simply use the "EDIT" function.

Wayne

Messages In This Thread