MicroSoft Train Simulator II (or X) Giving Up Hope
Some of you may remember that I am a fan of MicroSoft's Train Simulator. I love the game and have a lot of fun with it. I found out early in 2007 that MicroSoft is working on the release of a Train Simulator II. Later, that became Train Simulator X because people were getting it confused with an earlier attempt at a Train Simulator II that failed due to conflicts between MicroSoft and the graphics designers. The new game is supposed to provide better graphics and more realistic simulation as well as new routes, locos and consists.

When I first found out about this, it was slated for release in late 2007. Then it was pushed back to early 2008. Then that got pushed back to late 2008. I finally pushed it to the back of my mind and more or less forgot about it. This morning I happened across another forum I used to post on that is centered entirely around Train Simulator and thought that surely TSX has finally been released. Nope. It's now scheduled for release in late 2009 and any posts on that forum regarding updates are immediately locked by forum moderators.

I'm now convinced that this game is never going to be released and MicroSoft is just stringing along the last few remaining hopefuls. They can't even give a legitimate reason for the continued delays and there has been more than ample time to get this thing programmed and running right since it was initially announced. I'm giving up any hope of this game ever actually existing because I'm tired of getting my hopes up only to have them crushed by another delayed release date. We can put this one on the list of great MicroSoft failures right up there with Vista. The dream is over and there will never be a Train Simulator II or X or any other version because MicroSoft can't get it's act together in their gaming department long enough to finish it.
CANNONBALL
Baby likes to rock it like a boogie-woogie choo-choo train!

Messages In This Thread