Going to Europe - Germany & Czech Republic
eightyeightfan1 Wrote:Nice. I read that North American model railroading is big over there.
I just checked Noch site. Been over twenty-five years since I had to read German, But I did understand Athearn, Kato, (No mention of Atlas) and oh yeah WOODLAND SCENICS!
Which I find odd, being that Noch makes a lot of scenery materials.

I recall seeing Woodland Scenics in several places - based on the above Noch must be one of them! I'll have to check my video - I've yet to look at it!

The Atlas distributorship was a very recent event - they didn't even have any Atlas product at the show.

A couple years ago a gentleman at the Marklin booth at the National Model Train show in Detroit (actually the same guy I mentioned in my Marklin post - Jeff Stimson) said that there was a German writer that wrote a boatload of novels on the American West in the early - middle of the last century. The German kids that read those books were hooked by the adventure and romance of the stories and later expressed it in their model building. Jeff said to this day, you can find German trainsets with Big Boys circling a desert layout with teepees! (He conceded that the writer may not have portrayed those times very accurately..).

Matt
Matt Goodman
Columbus, Ohio

Messages In This Thread