Going to Europe - Germany & Czech Republic
I was cursed with display case glare at Fleischman's booth. Fleischman is one of the higher end model builders in Germany. Talking about production and assembly with the various makers reps was a pretty good indicator of where the brands fit in the marketplace:
- Parts produced and assembled in China (Brawa)
- Parts produced in China, assembly in Germany (Fleischman)
- Parts produced in a lower-cost European country, assembled in Germany (Marklin / Trix)
- Parts produced and assembled in Germany (Gutzhold - nice models).

Good looking Fleischman 4-6-2

Very cool N scale automated layout with a big honking engine terminal. I love the dual turntables!

The image is of the Busch display - a good display of interesting structures, vehicles and scenic treatments, though not of the same class as some of the other makers.

This folks sitting down in this photo is where the business got done. The bigger the vendor, the bigger the space provided. The meetings that I attended with my friend were polite, friendly, but fairly focused on the business at hand. Smaller vendors tended to socialize a bit (or a bunch) more. ALL provided some kind of hospitality - coffee, orange juice, water (only sparkling water served in Germany!) and snacks. We didn't sit down with Busch, but the inner circle part of the displays is worth sharing.

Matt Goodman
Columbus, Ohio

Messages In This Thread