Some woodworking projects
Some time ago we had a house built for us in Wickenburg, Arizona. The floorplan was done by a designer in Canada that I found on the Internet and I had him include a good sized workshop off the garage. That allowed me to do a number of woodworking projects around the house. Here is one that I did for my den. I did the entire cabinet from scratch, including all the doors and drawers. The tricky part of doing this was that the corner had a good radius and I had to match the cabinet to that radius. The "stained glass" doors are glass with an applied staining technique rather than using actual stained glass. What you do is glue the caning in place or use a liquid that looks like caning to trace out the pattern. Once that's dry, you use a colored liquid in the areas that you want to be that color. When it dries, it becomes translucent and crinkly to like stained glass.

Oh, the floorplan picture on the cabinet is actually a security annunciator that we installed. We could see if any door or window was open in the house by looking at this annunciator. This might be a bit overkill for a house this size, but hey, that was the business we were in, making them for large houses, businesses and even prisons, so we make one for our own little home. Smile

Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread