E-paw's duff challenge for 2013
Hi all, it's time for me to toss my hat into the ring.. For this challenge I'm going to complete a stalled project ( i hope ). My two 2-10-0 camelbacks.
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=5279">viewtopic.php?f=17&t=5279</a><!-- l --> I haven't touched it in quite some time ,and really want to get it done. As you can see my last post on it was from back in October , just before the hurricane hit. I haven't even looked at it since then, and have plenty to do, and a bunch of supplies to use on them.

The first thing I got to was to mount some stoker motors on the break-man's side of the loco near the fireman's position. These parts are meant for a standard cab loco and not for center-cabs, so I had to alter the Call-Scale castings #190-224 with a Dremel cut off wheel. used a pair of pliers to hold the casting in place while I cut them.     the parts were cut in two so that I could fit them property in the correct position.

I clamped them in position on their brackets and soldered them together    

I drilled out the frames for the mounting bracks and glued them in place with some CA.    
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  

Messages In This Thread