Track planning blues
sailormatlac Wrote:N scale.. I once thought about it, but when I look at it, it's just a toy to me. The size is too diminutive to make me believe I'm looking at a "steel" model, large and mighty. Matt

Matt,
USS Carronade IFS-1, isn't the mightiest "steel" ship in the world, but if this module were HO scale , it would be 4' X 8' !instead of 2' X 4' :o
- - - - - - and the ship alone would measure over four feet long.

I still have a lot of work to do on the ship, and the drydock area. Where this is only one Ntrak module, the HO modules seem to always demand preference, but, I just put five more trees on the new modules set, and there's only room left for a few small shrubs, so maybe I'll get around to finishing "Carronade", in N scale.
The drydock, SHS&D's smallest, is 294' long, 74' wide, and 30' deep. just the drydock would occupy 40-3/4" X 10-1/4" X 4" if built in HO.
The Destroyer I served in would be 52" in HO, 28-1/4" in N, and would not fit in this drydock !

"It's just a toy"? - - - - not if the level of detail is there to make it believable.

The point? I guess the "point" is more a question of- - -Just how much space do you have for a layout? Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

P.S. I've seen some impressive z scale scenes too !!
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread