East Terminal & Newburgh
Hello,

this time messing around with LEDs.
My modular layout is built up on the upper gallery of the stairway. When daylight ist is quite excellent lighted by the big windows there. But after night fall ist is dark. Of course there are lights to enlighten the stairway, but these are not suitable for enlighten the layout satisfactorily.
So i decided to purchase some LED strips:
[Image: dsc06502trdyi.jpg]
In my megalomania i ordered 4 strips of 5 metres lenght and 2 12V bricks to power them. Each strip has 120 warmwhite LEDs per metre, the 5m were 600 LEDs and the 4 strips together are 2400 LEDs.
Then i went to the home depot and purchased 4 wooden angle profiles 50mm x 10mm dimensions and some rectangular wooden profiles with 10 x 12mm dimensions.
These 4 strips of 5m, 2 pieces of 12V 10A bricks and 2 adaptor plugs i paid only 40,45 inclusive shipment, that are of course €'s here.

[Image: dsc06463sgecx.jpg]

[Image: dsc06487ohftx.jpg]

[Image: dsc06489ugcey.jpg]

[Image: dsc064884riit.jpg]
First attempt i cut the 5m strip into 5 strips of 1m lenghts. For reasons of electrical connection i removed from each strip a group of 3 LEDs. These strips are cutable every group of 3 LEDs. So then were 117 LEDs per strip and with 5 strips there are in summary 585 LEDs per 1m of lighting bar.
Guess what happened.

[Image: dsc06484v0f7h.jpg]
A test set over my workbench. If you want to illustrate a nuclear explosion of an atomic bomb on a testground it's o.k. But otherwise Eek

Lutz

Messages In This Thread