East Terminal & Newburgh
Dave!

Never mind, this article will be degressing a bit too.
Sorry, the classification lamps are not (yet) lighted. It is only the flash mirroring in the jewels.

[Image: dsc01198umzu.jpg]

[Image: dsc01243hjchj.jpg]

[Image: dsc01241s3cub.jpg]
The whole story you can read here: <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=4297">viewtopic.php?f=22&t=4297</a><!-- l -->
As three of the pictures have disappeared there and with no possiblity to edit the thread i repeat them here as not quite OT. Not qiute off topic because my layout is built for those little critters.

Lighted marker- and classification lights will be the next challenge for me. If they habe an plastic case, there it might be possible to insert one of those tiny Type 0402 LEDs. But when you habe brass casings ...
I am working on this problem.

Back to the E T & N.

[Image: dsc02421nclm6.jpg]

[Image: dsc02422aozyf.jpg]
Making switch stands. Here i modified Details West switch stands to working condition.
The pewter casting was drilled the entire lenght. A 0.5mm bronze wire was inserted. On the lower end it was bend 90° to made a lever and a loop was formed on the end of it.
The lenght of the lever is depending on the travel the points will make when they are thrown. So you get the 90° movement you want.
A connection rod was formed to link switch and stand. On one end it is linked in the bore of the throw bar and the other end linked in the loop of the stand lever.
Then the indicator table was soldered on.

[Image: dsc02428irxp8.jpg]
Meanwhile i made the decision to put an additional industrie on module #5.
No gas station, no street and no house as showed before.
Here a steel tube and wire business will be settled down.
The spur is brancing out into two tracks by an Atlas #4 switch. Yes i know, bad, bad #4 switch, but common on private property.

[Image: dsc02429e5qp.jpg]
To connect the spur a Peco #8 was inserted into the siding on module #4.
Also the ballasting job was completed now.

Then a big break come.

[OT]
The layout had to be set aside until this baby here was able to run:
[Image: dsc025792lz2d.jpg]
[Image: dsc016937vre7.jpg]
[Image: dsc01967vtp4n.jpg]
[Image: dsc053754aps1.jpg]
[Image: dsc053734ju6h.jpg]
[Image: dsc02580b0le1.jpg]
Only some pictures. I was responsible for the whole drive train which in not the standard drive train, but a complete new development.
If you are intested on the whole story: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://waggonfabrik.eu/">http://waggonfabrik.eu/</a><!-- m -->
Sorry in German only. Go to "Logbuch" and "zu den älteren Logbucheinträgen" scroll down to the bottom to read the first article.
[/OT]

But sometimes, inserted between other duties, i have had time to do some minor work on the layout:
[Image: dsc02592kr05.jpg]
That is the lever for the #4 switch on module #5.
Left the pushrod coming from the el. switch. It is linked in a long balancing lever. This balancing lever then connects to the lever goint through the ground plate to the rail switch. Because i have soldered with a toch the wood is burned a little bit.

Lutz

Messages In This Thread