Desktop 3D printers
ezdays Wrote:Are these items that you've crated solid or hollow? What would be the thinnest layer you could create? This is really fascinating that this technology is available to the individual modeler. I know I would have owned one when we had our business years ago. The same goes for a CNC router. I would have loved to have had both but they just weren't available at a reasonable cost back then. Nope

Depends on how the object was drawn as to weather it is hollow or solid. The skull has thick walls but a hollow brain cavity. The enterprise as well as the test prints of box car sides are made of layers first left to right and then top to bottum alternating untill the object is complete.

Speaking of CNC routers Plasma Cam has a neat one the has a tool mount where you can use a plasma torch or a metal/wood router. Another neat machine is made by Torchmac uses a spark to cut out 3D objects including die cast molds for injection molding and has an optional add-on 3D scanner. The Plasma Cam was around $19k and the other was quite expensive as well so much so that I can not remember.

Messages In This Thread