Bushwick Terminal
Greg, thank you for the warm welcome.

Ed, sorry for disappointing you Wink . I agree, the LA layout was nice, but I like this one better … I cannot tell you what industries are currently located along Bushwick Terminal (apart from the lumber yard), but the warehouse in the upper left corner once housed a chemical company and I have seen pics showing tank cars being unloaded there. Apart from that, aerial pics from Google and Bing show boxcars, centerbeams, bulkhead flatcars, open hoppers and gondolas at the terminal. I think I will have to come up with my own selection of companies that will allow for a good variety of cars. The lumber yard and a chemical company are a good starting point and I think a team track would make sense as well.

Brian thank you for the link, though I have already visited this site and looked at the track diagrams countless times. The Bushwick Branch is on my radar for more than three years now and like you I tried to find a portion that I could model. Apart from Bushwick Terminal I was especially interested in the area where the line crosses Woodward and Metropolitan. I tried many times, but I could not come up with a trackplan that would be a good represenation of the Bushwick Branch and would be interesting to operate at the same time. Though I failed several times on my previous attempts, to come up with this trackplan for Bushwick Terminal was pretty easy. In Google Maps I simply measured the size of the portion that I wanted to model and that would fit onto my layout (320 metres), then scaled the aerial shot, flipped it and rotated it until it fit. Don’t know if I flipped it on my pevious attempts, but that did the trick.

Today I layed out the footprints of the structures. Looks very promising so far (better than these pics :? ).

[Image: bt2.JPG]

[Image: bt3.JPG]

[Image: bt4.JPG]
Kurt

Messages In This Thread