Bushwick Terminal
cnw1961 Wrote:Greg, thank you for the warm welcome.
… I cannot tell you what industries are currently located along Bushwick Terminal (apart from the lumber yard), but the warehouse in the upper left corner once housed a chemical company and I have seen pics showing tank cars being unloaded there. Apart from that, aerial pics from Google and Bing show boxcars, centerbeams, bulkhead flatcars, open hoppers and gondolas at the terminal. I think I will have to come up with my own selection of companies that will allow for a good variety of cars. The lumber yard and a chemical company are a good starting point and I think a team track would make sense as well.

The chemical company youre talking about was Bass Oil Company, not sure if they received or shipped waste oil but it's waste oil in the tank cars. You also have Handyfat Trading...yes Handyfat, which gets boxcars of food products. The boxcar you have on the curved track along the curved wall is David Rosen Bakery Supply they receive boxcars and covered hoppers. The lumber yard youre referring to is Kings Material They get boxcars of bricks, centerbeams and aggregate hoppers of stone. I also have plans for a Bushwick Branch layout.

Messages In This Thread