EZ's 2013 duff challenge part 2
Well, having finished the first challenge in record time, for me that is, I'm going to stick my neck out and start another challenge. We just spent yesterday morning cleaning up the garage, so I guess it's time to get back out there and mess it back up.

With that in mind, I've been storing my cars and engines in a metal tool chest. I've been meaning to build a wall-mounted cabinet that will hold all of them. Not only for display, but I'm getting tired of searching to find what drawer I put what car in. Some of the stuff I have won't ever run. For instance, I have several sets of 80' passenger cars that wouldn't make it around some of the curves on my layout (impulse buys), but they should at least be displayed. Anyway, I've designed a 36" x 36" wall cabinet with clear doors that I have room to mount on one wall.

Here's what I've been using:

Here is the 2D plans for my cabinet. I'd do a 3D sketch, but I never got past the 2D part of my CAD program. I guess I could always make that my third challenge.... maybe next year. Icon_lol

Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread