Building a modular home layout
Svein Wrote:I admit that the modular setup is somewhat restricting to the layout and track plan, especially in a space as small as mine, but I think the positives outweigh the negatives here. I still have room for two towns/stations with industrial sidings, all the modules are interchangable and can be rearranged in a different setup if/when we move to another house, and whenever I feel the need for a change, I can build a new module to replace an old one without having to throw away the old module. In addition, most of the modules can be used at FREMO meetings if I want to participate in those.
First I cut a 12mm plywood sheet into smaller and manageable pieces, just large enough to make two end pieces from each (I bought two finished end pieces to use as templates): Svein

It's the, * being able to take part or all of a layout to something like the FREMO meetings * that got me into, and kept me into modules. When you stated, " I bought two finished end pieces to use as templates ", I thought FREMO. 357 Longer trains can be run on modules at a show, than can ever be run on the average home layout.......AND you can have a bigger audience !! Thumbsup Thumbsup 8-)
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread