comming soon the Ruby Belle tow boat scratch build
AF350 Wrote:After studying the owner provided pics I seen a detail that looked like a window air conditioner mounted on the front end of deck house.

Have not done much work on any of my projects lately, but have determined that I want to include the following features on the model of Ruby Belle.
Question -- the long bar on the pilot house is that the radar? and does it spin? If it does spin will have to figure out how to motorize it with maybe a pager motor.

The "post" with what looks like a ball on top, with the horizontal "bar" on top of that, is the Radar Antenna/drive.
If you are going to motorize it, the rotation rate depends on the maximum range of the radar, and the ( PRR ) Pulse Repetition Rate of the transmitter.
Typical rotation rate would be somewhere close to 2-4 seconds per revolution, or 30-15 RPM
The higher the PRR, the faster the rotation can be, but the shorter the range the radar can see ( the time between transmitted pulses is the receiving time for return echos, the receiver is "blocked" during the transmit time * pulse width* ).
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread