Beer Distributor - Ontario, CA
First off - hi everyone, this is my first post here! Just found this site recently and it's a great resource.

I just wanted to share a pretty interesting industry I stumbled upon while in Ontario, CA this past week. I'm a fan of the ubiquitous 50' boxcar and noticed a ton behind this building near the airport. Did some research and the building is occupied by Biagi Bros, who is a beer distributor. There are 13 rail doors and to make things more interesting, the cars are spotted two-wide, up to 26 boxcars spotted at any time (and looks like most of the spots are usually filled).

For those who are more knowledgeable than I am about operations, are they unloading the cars on the far track by going through the cars parked along the wall? It looks that way to me seeing how the cars are parked with the doors exactly in line with each other.

This could make a pretty interesting layout industry, especially for ISL's, based on both the volume of traffic and operational possibilities having to spot cars at certain doors and making sure the doors of the cars are aligned with each other. Plus who doesn't love 26 boxcars full of beer??? Cheers

Satellite image of the industry: http://binged.it/ZEHtW9

Messages In This Thread