Beer Distributor - Ontario, CA
Chew86 Wrote:First off - hi everyone, this is my first post here! Just found this site recently and it's a great resource.
This could make a pretty interesting layout industry, especially for ISL's, based on both the volume of traffic and operational possibilities having to spot cars at certain doors and making sure the doors of the cars are aligned with each other. Who doesn't love 26 boxcars full of beer??? Cheers
Welcome Welcome Chew86 to Big Blue !! Welcome Welcome Cheers Cheers
*** jwb Wrote:
I think it depends on what you're after in a layout. The problem I'd see with this as an industry on a model is that it's just a row of doors in a huge shoebox of a building, with just one car type. I think it would get old in a hurry as a home layout.
***MountainMan wrote:
OTH, Modern railroads are all about unit trains of identical cars filled with identical products. If this were my layout, I would go back a few years to boxcar advertising logos and have many different brands of beer cars lined up waiting to be filled with their brand and sent out to those millions of happy Americans. It could even be a bit of a switching puzzle, if Bud is always at Door #3, and Blatz is at Door # 5, and so forth. Have to get the right cars in the right spots to receive the right brand of beer.
***jwb wrote:
You've still got the question of what you want and how it'll keep you interested over time.
--------------------------------------------------------------
We all have our own likes and dislikes, so there is no "right or wrong". Lets settle down and discuss the How, Why and Where of the industry, and how to model it in the space available
--------------------------------------------------------------
26 Boxcars full of beer-- -- -- -- 2285_ 2285_ Cheers Cheers
Just don't give me a minimum time period for emptying those Box Cars. :o :o Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread