Introducing The PistonBroke Line
Hi fellas,
Thought I would give an insight how my layout came into being, as well as maybe introduce myself to those of you who may not have been able to avoid me in the past.
Some of this has been posted on another forum awhile back in a slightly different way.....But....
If you can bear with me over the next little while, I will endeavour to chronicle all the fun and mistakes P[: from beginning to the present of the making of "The Pistonbroke RR"

OK. From the beginning............A few years back...

O.B. Jack was a complete novice at this techno internet stuff, and had no idea about making train stuff. Nope
and I still am, ..but .. having a fat time of it now.

So back to the beginning......... Many moons ago , I had a triang train set as a kid and loved it. so when the little anklebiters (grandchildren) came along "The War Office" and I decided to get a train set for them to play with when visiting.

That was the beginning of the end.

We first tried to see how much space would be needed for this train set. Check out the 1 ft squares drawn in chalk on the floor, Ahhh we were going to be soooo professional about all this!!!
[Image: 100_0380.jpg]

We did set it up once but it was never going to work . Hard concrete floor. Sad
People tripping over it :'(
Having to pull it up all the time then relay it :Smile

"So lets make a little table to put it on dear " whispered The War Office
"Cool" said Jack. "I can probably manage that"
"But first " says She " We need to polish the floor if we are going to put something permanent in here"
"Dang" says I "But OK lets do it"

Big Mistake

Here is the Real Estate
[Image: 100_0381.jpg]

Here is the machine The orange thing ...not the driver
[Image: 100_0385.jpg]

Here is the aftermath
[Image: 100_0384.jpg]

and here is more. Note, even The Dog checked out the damage
[Image: 100_0388.jpg]

And more
[Image: 100_0390.jpg]

So the cleanup started ........ and 3 days later we had
[Image: 100_0391.jpg]

Then this is it. Reclaimed for the right of way
[Image: 100_0392.jpg]

and looking the other way
[Image: 100_0393.jpg]

So there we were, some 3yrs ago setting out into the unknown world of model RR
Initially we were going to put the settrack onto a table, plug it in and away we go. But that would be to simple would'nt it?
So with great trepidation and a fear of the unknown we looked on the internet to find a trackplan.

Big mistake # 2
Because we found a whole new world of little trees and engines and houses and cars and flex track and scenery and on and on we could go, but mainly wonderful helpful people (who are probably not so little) Tongue
Now we had to make some hard decisions. ??? How big? How high? How Much? How to do it? Will we? Wont we?
What the heck. So like a Bull in a china shop we charged in boots and all.

So ends chapter one. Popcornbeer
If you can be bothered to tune in sometime in the near future, you can follow the trials and tribulations of this never ending saga

Cheers Jack
LIFE....
..... Abandon the search for truth
Look for a good fantasy

Messages In This Thread