Matching color
Hi,

Green_Elite_Cab Wrote:Hmmm.... I don't have this model, but if I had to take a guess, Poly scale Caboose Red looks about right for the "red" portions, but I'm not sure about the right color for the blue. I am actually looking for a similar shade for my NJ DOT locomotives (in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it is the same blue as EL used on its U34CH locomotives). I have some good candidates, but I have not yet had time to "test" them out. Poly Scale Dark Blue seems like the winner so far, but I'd test it first on a piece of scrap to compare.
Poly Scale Bright Silver or old silver might be more appropriate for the under frame, but I'd really need to see such a model in person to be sure, each is a slightly different tint.

on the primemover decals web page http://primemoverdecals.com/pdf/pmd010.pdf the recommand for the u34ch model the polly scale c&o enchantment blue, this is darkener then the blue from the bicentennial engines (but it`s darker the conrail blue). I have ordered it ( for the u34ch of course) to test it out.
So i think, it had to mix the colors.
kindest regards
Amtrak X995

Messages In This Thread