new layout with no name
Thanks guys for the imput so far,i did a slight change to the plan,i like the idea of a cereal industry (Kelloggs etc)

i've done away with the the small 2 bay hoppers,and extended the factory to add another door for loading,added a pipe rack for unloading tank cars (asume it's ok to have tank cars, c/hoppers on same track)

A-box cars loads in,carboard etc
B-c/hopper loads in,salt/suger
C-tank cars loads in,corn syrup
D- c/hoppers loads in,grain
E-box cars loads out

Couple of question about the above,which type of c/hopper would i need for the salt/sugar unloading area,and would there be a prefered type of box car to use,the freight cars i have all seem to be different,round and trough hatchs ,gated and pipe discharge,the box cars have all different types of doors, most are 50' with a few 60' also a couple of high-cube.

Next thing i need to know is what size would the buildings be,and what would it be made of (steel sheet,concrete,brick) like the idea of a shoe box type of structure,with storage tanks on the roof,the grain storage area would be the tallest stucture.

keep the ideas coming,this may yet change,thats why i allways allow time for planning.

Ray

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread