Vacuum Cleaner is away - Building a G scale Oval
For those of you that haven't been here long. I'll be 55 this October and have been building layouts of all scales since 1982. From a Z gauge briefcase layout through an N gauge 14 X 16 , to an HO 12 X 8. My present "G" scale layout now has 4 levels.

The top - a PRR "special" train consisting of a U-25B (Leased from the NARA) pulling various Pennsylvania RR cars including a Quaker State Tanker and a PRR Bobber Cabin decorated for the Big Blue Railroad.

The second level is the 1:20.3 Climax and it's pulling 7 hand made small wooden cars.

The Third level is actually the layout structure, it's a PRR Eggliner engine pulling various cars, all hand made or detailed and weathered.

The bottom level - the new one - sits on the floor underneath the layout. That is the pictures that are in this thread. It's my 16th separate layout. My 5th of this sort of "track on 1x6" construction Smile Smile

Total time to build (I designed it on the fly) was under 10 hours. If I had help, it would have been under Five!!!!! The only thing left is building the controller, and hooking up all the wiring... About another 2 hours work.

So, after seeing the pics above..... Here are a few more showing the painted wood and where they are going to fit in:

The 1 X 6 and the curved wood are all painted with "stone" spray paint. It's available at most craft stores. If not - it can be found at a ceramic store or online.

~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???

Messages In This Thread