A second start for my "White Swan" reefers
Gus and Reinhard, thanks, also!
And to build the models is all not a problem. What you need is a little perseverance to build one or the other part in several iterations.
Here a small sample.

[Image: whiteswan_067kp.jpg]

These small parts for fixing the adjusting lever of ice hatches are small angels made from plastic angel strips. I reduced the size from 1 by 1 mm (.040' x .040') to half of size and I reduced also the thickness of material. Each time I glued very short ends on roof and after fixing I cut of them to the wished length, I think shorter than one millimeter. And after I cut of the edges and wide again to get the small end shape. (I work permanently using magnifying lenses which I can set in front of my eyeglasses.)
Later - my friend Joerg, he is the painter for these models, came to visit me and he asked - 'Who needs such small parts? My colour covers that all!' I hope not! But I think from time to time - Should I do such fine detailing or can I forgot these (small) parts?
(But I love these modeling, so I think that I build them again with the next models.)
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.

Messages In This Thread