A second start for my "White Swan" reefers
Maybe that you remember on my "White Swan" reefer project, one that was interrupted a very long time because I must wait on lost wax brass parts.

[Image: whiteswan-tuerverriegelung_02.jpg]

This door lock mechanism were constructed by a friend and a professional model maker printed this master after dates of my friend.

[Image: whiteswan-tuerverriegelung-3d_2k.jpg]

However that was back in April last year.
The problem was to cast the brass parts. One of the fine hand grips (on picture the connections between the shafts) was not filled by molten brass and it needed three or four new attempts with changed and new printed pattern until the parts were successfully molded.
This is the result now.

[Image: whiteswan-tuerverriegelung_04k.jpg]

And so looks the first experimantal installed door lock mechanism mounted on a reefer door.

[Image: whiteswan-tuerverriegelung_06k.jpg]

[Image: whiteswan-tuerverriegelung_08k.jpg]

[Image: whiteswan-tuerverriegelung_09k.jpg]

I think that will be well usable. Have you seen the small padlock for securing the hand grip?
The shaft has same diameter as plastic parts made by Grandt Line also when it looks a bit thick.
Now I can continue with preparations of all other cars and then they will go to my friend for painting - without door locks.
They will be mounted after painting together with grab irons and some more superdetailing parts.
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.

Messages In This Thread