The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!!
Went to my fathers place this afternoon to wait on the cable guy. And no, it wasn't Larry. Would have been much more fun if it had been. He was supposed to show up sometime between 1pm and 5pm. Yeah, one of those appointments. By the time he showed up at 4pm I had already run down the problem. It was the remote for the cable box. To say it was bad would be an understatement. If you punched in 05 it went to channel 4. Hit channel up and nothing, channel down and nothing. Punch in 50 and it went to 55. Punch in 54 and it went 05. Punch in 06 and it turned off the TV. Get the picture? I brought in the remote from the great room and tried it. Everything worked perfectly. Changed the battery in the bad remote and tried it. My ears started itching. About that time the guy showed up, tried a few things, did a few tests and came to the same conclusion I had come to. He pressed the power button on the bad remote and my ears started behaving themselves. He got a new remote from his truck and tuned it to the TV and that was that. Problem fixed. About twenty minutes after he left my father and step mother returned from their business in town. My father had a doctors appointment and my step mother had some shopping to do. After his appointment my father took my mothers Pontiac G6 hardtop convertible to one of the car lots in town and sold it for $9K. That was better than letting it sit in the yard and collect dust. He didn't like driving it and I had a hard time driving it because of my foot. The only reason he bought it was because my mother liked convertibles. When he and my step mother got back home we all went to Los Mayos for dinner. No layout work today as I predicted earlier.
15 year veteran fire fighter
Collector of Apple //e's

Beatus homo qui invenit sapientiam

Messages In This Thread