Freelance 2013-2 (MAW)
This is the master plan I am working on since Sunday

Grain elevators and silos in the east. The long street in the center will be down grated to a service road attaching the grain silos only. I expect the postman to ring at the door every second with a huge box of Cornerstone kits.
[Image: file_zpsfac24bde.jpg]

Cold storage in the center. The wall does not fit and will be replaced with a fence separating the service road from the cold storage property. The lead to the silos will continue to be street running but in a smaller service road only.
[Image: file_zpsce874104.jpg]

Residential area in the west. I did just put some trees to demonstrate a none industrial area. May be I try to do something "cute" here. I have ordered three company houses. I did not see them at the prototype but they are small and may give the right proportions and impression.
[Image: file_zps99926967.jpg]

A yard in the central foreground. It will mimic Defiance with two storage tracks and the only run around required for trains arriving from west. The Defiance interchange with CSX and with NS (in Woodburn) will happen invisible in the staging yard. My track length are not well suited for NS and CSX trains.
[Image: file_zps29781170.jpg]

Over all I have to do a lot of green, shrubs and trees all over the layout. It will be interesting to learn how much green goes on the tracks until the models will derail. I am afraid the prototype equipment is more robust than 1:87 scale engines and cars.
Reinhard

Messages In This Thread