Freelance 2013-2 (MAW)
jwb Wrote:[Image: file.php?id=18714]
So is the greenish-blue house-shaped shed with the elevator for fertilizer? This seems to be a pattern I see in California, fertilizer in house-shaped sheds with the modern-style elevator legs.
You got it! The shed is where bulk fertilizer is stored. These facilities come in all sizes too, and the modern type "grain leg" is found at most of them. Also, the large tank you see to the left is an anhydrous ammonia tank.
jwb Wrote:Here's another question: as I said in another thread, in many parts of the country, grain is shipped in as feed. However, the equipment seems to be very similar to town elevators that handle outbound grain.
Many feed mills look like your example and are often confused with being just grain elevators. Here's a view of Burkmann Feeds in Danville, KY.     You can just make out the rail spur to the left of the grain truck and the covered unloading pit. They typically receive about 1 car of feed a month. Lot's of cattle and of course horses in the area. I've seen some feed mills around the mid-west that are monsters.
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"

Messages In This Thread