Audible spam
Just wondering how many of you out there are constantly getting robo-dial calls? We have been on the "do not call" list ever since it first began. That doesn't stop them we frequently get a half-dozen or more calls everyday. I guess we get them because we are home most of the day and we are on the list of being retired and possibly an easy mark. A few of my favorites Nope start out:
  • >(man shouting), "The FBI Says..."
    >(woman), "This is to inform you about your credit card..."
    >(woman), "Hi, this is Rachel..."
    >(man), "Someone you know has ordered and paid for an emergency notification..."
    >(man shouting), "Attention power company users..."
And my all time favorite is this human calling:
  • >(hard to understand man), "This is Microsoft support calling to tell you that you have a problem with your computer, sir..."
Any of the first ones, I normally hang up before they get through the first line, but those Microsoft guys, I like to keep them on the line and jerk them around for a while just to see how stupid they really are.

Do any of you here get these same kind of calls and how do you deal with them when you do? Most are untraceable and some originate out of the country and legal action would be out of the question, although some people have been successful in suing these guys.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread