WRRy Projects
While I haven't been making any progress designing Camp Pierre or any other module for potential use while I've been here in Korea, I did get a little handy working on caboose C1 and inspecting the Bachmann van that a friend from the Clarksville Model RR club gave to me. I took down dimensions of the original motor to see if I can find a potential replacement and that's about it. I know it was a tight squeeze to let Thomas have DCC, but this one might be tighter as I think even a Z scale decoder may be too big. More to follow on that later.

Caboose C1, however, has had slightly more progress done to her than just measurements. A few days ago, I painted her underframe and internal weights black and today I cut down the toolbox that will be mounted on the underside of the car. The original toolbox was from one of my Athearn caboose kitbashes that are now C5 and C6 and the cast metal detail was left over from a old work car that was crushed on it's way from Korea last time I was here. Weather permitting (since it's monsoon season here, lots of rain and humidity) it should be painted sometime this week. I haven't had a chance to hit up a hobby store, so right now I'm working with flat black spray paint and Gorilla glue.

Attached Files Image(s)

Tyler D.
General Manager
[Image: image.php?album_id=238&image_id=4544&display=popup]

Messages In This Thread