WRRy Projects
WRRy caboose C1 got a little more work done to her yesterday. I painted her roof and the toolbox black. I do have a issue I haven't had before, when I peeled back the masking tape some of the paint on the window castings came off with the tape. What I'm probably going to do is pop out the castings, strip the paint off and try again. Hopefully I can find the right paint on the internet, as I used the Floquil Caboose Red aerosol paint and hopefully they'll ship it to me over here without an issue. Finding it over here would be almost impossible as Koreans don't seem to believe in model railroading. I haven't found any luck at finding another model railroad hobby shop, and the only one I knew of is in Seoul. They mostly carried N scale stuff, and what little HO scale stuff they did have was all RTR stuff. Especially with Floquil going out of business soon I'm sure I don't have a easy task ahead of me.

About two or three weeks ago on eBay I bought a set of five old Roundhouse gondolas from River City Railroad on eBay. I don't know where they get the undecorated MDC cars from, especially in any quantity, and sell them for $17 for the set plus s&h. But hey, it's great for me! The WRRy now has enough gons for a while, as I have two painted, decaled and on my roster, and will have three or four more. I'll keep some undecorated in case I change my mind or find some other decals to decorate it for another railroad. I was going to decorate one for the Lehigh, Susquehanna & Western but the logo is a little too large for the side of the car.

Attached Files Image(s)

Tyler D.
General Manager
[Image: image.php?album_id=238&image_id=4544&display=popup]

Messages In This Thread