We are now running on the new server
The only thing I'd say there is that over the years, I've converted to more powerful processors and from dial up to broadband. I recognize that some people are still on dial up, or may still be using older processors, though we'd have to assume that fewer and fewer will be doing this. The 250K that had been the limit is already lower than on any other forum I'm familiar with. I'm not sure what we'd accomplish by catering to a smaller and smaller group, while the majority won't have a problem scrolling.

Here is a nominal 640 x 480:

Here is a nominal 800 x 600:

Six or eight months ago, I opened a topic asking for advice on how to make the nominal 640x480 photos I'd been posting bigger, since I wasn't satisfied with the size. Based on that, I found out how to export files in MS Office to 800 x 600, and when needed, I've then resized to get them under 250K. My own view is that going to nominal 640 x 480 would simply not be satisfying and not what can be done on any other forum I'm familiar with.

I would strongly suggest that you give notice of what you intend to implement (please avoid the kind of surprise we're finding here as a result of tweaks and experiments) and open what you intend to do up to discussion.

I do notice that, for whatever reason, we seem to be getting fewer quality posts in recent weeks -- I'd hate to see any development that accelerated such a trend.

Messages In This Thread