Putting the mail back on the railroad ....
Wintertime, and roads are getting pretty slippery over here after a few cycles of thaw and freeze recently. Here is a link to a picture (from my local newspaper) of "my" rail line yesteday, a few miles up along the track - almost looks like mail is heading back towards being handled by the railroad again, doesn't it ? Goldth

http://www.vg.no/uploaded/image/bilderig...95_878.jpg

No, the mail truck did not get hit by the train, and neither the car driver nor the guy taking the picture was injured - I wouldn't have posted the link if that had happened.

Mail truck ended up about 4 inches short of fouling the track. And the picture is from about 20 minutes after the mail truck slid off the road and landed almost on the track - when the RR dispatcher and engineers had been alerted - that train is creeping past the incident site at very slow speed.

I assume the picture was taken by the conductor's cell phone while he was making sure the train would be able to get past the mail truck without hitting it.

Anyways - time for me to go get started on some modeling railroading again - just wanted to share that picture.

Smile,
Stein

Messages In This Thread