Platinate Overland Trolleys
Good morning,

last saturday, I was at the 100th anniversasry event of the PalatinaBus. We arrived at 8am to setup the layout in the old car barn.

[Image: bild_1.jpg]

Once the offical part was over, I had many visitors in front of my layout. Some of them did remember the old days when the streetcars were still in service and I heard some nice stories from them.

[Image: bild_2.jpg]

At the first part of the day during the offical part, I tried to make a new video of the layout, but unfortunately my camera is broken. So I've only these few photos made with my cell phone.

[Image: bild_3.jpg]

Since this was the first one-day-long-operation-session for my layout, I was excited if everything would work fine. The streetcars didn't made any problems. I had to clean the wheelsets sometimes, but in the end they all performed perfect. Some trouble I had with the electrical stuff at the ballon track. But I guess I can fix this with a separate power supply.

[Image: bild_4.jpg]

With two control units, we were able to run two trains and use the passing siding. My girlfriend performed very well as street car driver and keeps my free from rail service most time so I could talk to the spectators. Many thanks to Katrin for her support.

[Image: bild_5.jpg]

At the end, we had a very nice day. The afternoon was very rainy, but everything worked fine and we had some nice talks. After the event, we packed the layout and said good bye to the event manager. He thanked for your show and we got an coffee cup and a H0 scale model of one of the actual busses. So I can bring the present and past together on my model layout.

[Image: bild_9.jpg]

Bye, Gerd

Messages In This Thread