So. Calif, Layout Tour – Sept. 1 (Thirty Layouts!!)
I'm wondering if this post -- and the numerous others like it from this user -- might be better put in the "Tours, Events, and Shows" forum. However, I note that this user has posted nearly 40 such announcements and little or nothing else in the year since he's joined, and in fact he is a member of just about every model railroad forum out there, posting the same message in every forum. The moderators, and some members, may feel this is fine, although these posts don't seem to get many views, they're of limited interest in a forum where there are members in Germany, the UK, Australia, etc, they're simply repetitious, and in themselves suggest the user isn't actually interested in hobby fellowship on a forum so much as just posting announcement after announcement.

So while I'm not a member of many forums, I have been looking for ways simply to block out from my personal account the ability to view what I'm beginning to see as mildly irritating spam -- if I can do this, it will lower my stress level by some small amount. However, while the help pages here suggest it may be possible to do this by adding a user to the "foes" list (which simply causes me not to see that user's posts), I'm not sure if this has been activated here, as it isn't an option when I look at thecitrusbelt''s profile.

Can this be done on this forum?

The moderators may wish to suggest that, at minimum, the user place these broadcast posts in the proper forum as a matter of courtesy.

Thanks!

Messages In This Thread