So. Calif, Layout Tour – Sept. 1 (Thirty Layouts!!)
Actually, Andy, I can't think of anything similar to what thecitrusbelt does. As I say, he is a member of every forum out there, and he posts the same post to every forum about every minor event he oprganizes in Southern California -- the same post -- in at least half a dozen forums, in addition to his own Yahoo groups. I'm simply not aware of anything else like that. It's a minor irritant, but from my point of view it's just another form of non-web etiquette -- not too much different from the newbie poster who posts in all caps, for instance. I'd love to be able to block it out, and I can do that on other forums. I'm just asking if it might be turned on here -- though I think it's also worth pointing out that there's a forum for announcements like that, and again, like the newbie who posts in all caps, it might be helpful for the moderators to suggest basic courtesy there, too. I simply don't think either request is out of line.

No biggie, but I think it's something that's in fact unique in the model railroad forum world, a broadcast announcement to everyone everywhere about some layout tour in Lomita!

Messages In This Thread