Need some doggie medicine help.
Squidbait Wrote:For dogs with regular, old-agey-type osteo-arthritis, low-dose aspirin (the kind you take daily to stave off heart problems) is a good choice. For an older dog, with a possibly delicate tummy, you can get enteric-coated low-dose (81mg) aspirin. One a day with food should keep your pooch more mobile.

As for glucosamine and chondroitin supplements, the jury's still out. A large meta-study (they analyzed the results of 37 published studies of the effects of glucosamine and/or chondroitin) found that:
Quote:Trials of glucosamine and chondroitin preparations for OA symptoms demonstrate moderate to large effects, but quality issues and likely publication bias suggest that these effects are exaggerated. Nevertheless, some degree of efficacy appears probable for these preparations.
(emphasis mine)

So basically, while they're not going to do you any harm, don't expect miracle cures. YMMV, of course, and there's always the placebo effect.[/quot

Icon_lol Squidbait: Placebo effect? Tanks pretty smart & he understands english pretty well--- BUT I doubt that telling him "this stuff will make you feel better" would work well at all !!

Thanks for all the input everybody--- I got rimadyl from the Vet & it has helped tank immensely.
You guys are the greatest!!! THANKS AGAIN.
Instant glue ? ---- SOLDER ---- NOW THATS INSTANT!

Messages In This Thread