B&O layout
Hello everyone,
I am building a shelf layout based on the B&O operations in Baltimore City. I decided to opt for a relatively narrow shelf as I want to convey a close to the tracks type perspective, so the average width of shelf is 16", and I have 30 feet of shelf built with certain areas a bit wider. I took a few pictures of the area on my layout that are down by the docks and uploaded them to this thread. The pictures are not the best as I need to get used to the florescent lights I am using in the basement, but it will give you all an idea of how things are coming. One of my goals is to be able to operate equipment from different eras, without looking to out of place on the layout. The area in the pictures will be the older part of town, where steam and first generation steam will operate. In other areas {except the waterfront}, I will strive to make the scenery ambiguous enough to run B&O, Chessie, and CSX as there are still plenty of places in Baltimore where they all operated at one time or another. As far as trackwork goes, I will be using all #6 Fastracks turnouts I will be building with their jig. All non turnout trackage will be handlaid with the PCB ties and wooden ties. After admiring other peoples work on the forum, I wanted to give a progress report on what I have been up to as of late.
Thanks,
Stuart

Messages In This Thread