50 years ago Penn Station was demolished
I remember riding a train from D.C. to N.Y., Penn Station, until March of 1963, where I would connect with the LIRR, to get out to Sagaponack, ( Usually I was late enough that I had to catch the 11:49 to Speonk, and hitch from there out. From March 1963 to May 1965, I road Greyhound buses from Norfolk, Va. to Manhattan, and walked to Penn Station, to catch the LIRR.
I guess the LIRR part was deep enough below the main part of the station, that I was unaware of the destruction going on above, but am a bit surprised that I have no memory of the "destruction", during the '63-'65 period, which is when I was up on street level, getting to and from Penn, to the Greyhound depot.
On the other hand.....that WAS 50 years ago, and those "files" are "no longer accessible" due to the "age of the CPU", and antiquated "software" ( Old , Fat And Re-Tired syndrome ) Eek :o Icon_twisted Smile Smile
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread