50 years ago Penn Station was demolished
Sumpter250 Wrote:It's not all that often that I fully agree with a lot of comments here, but, MoutnainMan, here, we definitely agree.

"Nine rings were given to the race of Men, who, above all things, desire power", Add our second worst fault, Greed ! and there's not a lot left to be said.

Now, this has nothing to do with Penn Station, other than showing human's lust for greed causes they to do stupid things. (hmm, doesn't that take in two of the deadly sins?). Anyway, we've watched the game show, "Let's Make a Deal". The contestants have choices and can wind up with some valuable prizes including cars and money. Sometimes they hit a "Zonk" and they get nothing. We've seen college students and others turn down offers of money just to wind up with something very useless, or nothing at all.

A typical scene can go like this, "I'm a student at USC studying to be a teacher", or, "I'm an unemployed single parent behind on my rent and electric bills".....
Host says: "What's behind curtain 3 is all yours, but I'll give you $1000 to not take it"....
Greedy contestant: "No, gimmy curtain 3"...
Host:, "make that $2500.".....
Very greedy contestant:, "I could use the money to pay bills, but I WANT WHAT'S BEHIND CURTAIN 3" (hoping to get a "free" car).
Host:, "here's what you're taking home... a home gym, a set of skiing equipment or... yeah, a Zonk"... none of which you can use to pay bills.

It all boils down to greed. The chance of getting more. Bigger profits, whirlwind riches, something for nothing with no regard to the consequences. Let's tear down this historical building so we can make 10, 50 or even 100 million dollars profit to add to the 500 million we already have in the bank.... As Gordon Gekko said, "Greed is good", and as a result, he wound up in prison.

Seems like I'm on a soapbox kick today. Icon_lol
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread