Freelance 2013-3
lajry Wrote:Reinhard
Now that the street is a dead end, the Xing signal bridge is WAY out of place. Smile
Andy, I agree. That is the technical problem but the overall impression is much better. Anyhow you may gracefully assume it is a T-intersection hardly visible due to the distance and not a dead end.

I could not find any photo of a street that continued the buildings on both sides of the street. It is always an ugly and harsh interruption of the lines. That problem exist with the much lower buildings on the previous Ohio based scenery too. The taller buildings increased the optical problem dramatically.
A forced break by a building in a 90° angle but same color and texture pleases the eye much more.

All books tell you not to place tall buildings directly at the backdrop. We all know the theory of full buildings first, half buildings next, followed by flat buildings and at the very rear end the backdrop. Sadly that theory misses my available space.

This photo is my view during operating sessions sitting in my chair. It demonstrate how well the technical wrong backdrops fit into the total picture.
[Image: IMG_2825_zps04e73047.jpg]
Reinhard

Messages In This Thread